Friday, December 28, 2012

I Live, Therefore, I Blog. . .

So. . . I have high hopes of getting back to the root of my blog this year.  I got a sweet little thing called an Ipad for Christmas and the first app I installed was Blogger.  My original goal was to take a picture everyday so that I would have a snapshot of my life.  So, in theory, I should be able to snap a picture with my new gadget and load it straight into Blogger and write about it.  In theory. 

I've done a quick review of my blog this morning and here are my stats:

Start date:  December 31, 2006
Total number of posts as of December 26, 2012:  1,645
Posts in 2007:  357
Posts in 2008:  289
Posts in 2009:  280
Posts in 2010: 248
Posts in 2011: 317
Posts in 2012: 63

Top Labels (I look at these every so often and am always happy to see that there are more labels for friends than there are for events!  It's usually pretty close but friends always win!!):
Friends: 359
Events: 325
Gloria: 295
Family: 219
Zach: 213

Obviously 2012 was not my best blogging year.  2012 was just a tough year all the way around.  I have high hopes that 2013 will be an improvement and I hope to track that by posting a daily picture just as I had intended when I started this blog in December of 2006.  The problem to consistent blogging for me is that I get bogged down in the details.  AND the stacks of pictures that pile up and want to be posted in an orderly fashion.  So, just for my own sense of order, I plan to continue to post retroactively the photos that have been languishing in my Picasa folder as I have time and, maybe I'll even post a link since many of them could go back several months.  But, no promises!  Mostly, I'd like to just post in real time and see what happens.  I love to write and I love to have a record of my life.  I mostly post light and fluffy but when I look back on each post, I can read through the lines and go back to those moments and know that nothing lasts forever.  And, generally, that's a good thing.

So. . . here's to a new (and better) year of living and blogging!!!


No comments: