Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning. . .

In spite of the fact that I was up half the night waiting to put out the presents, I was still up before everyone else on Christmas morning.  I always make coffee, light the candles and play the Rich Mullins song, You Gotta Get Up, while I wait for the rest of the family to roll out of bed (or off of the couch, as it were).  Gloria is usually the next one up and she helps me wake the other two. 

We spent the next 45 minutes or so opening gifts from each other.  The fun thing about kids getting older is that they start buying gifts for other people.  I can say it's all about the giving but I'll be honest and say it's still really fun to open stuff on Christmas morning.  We were all mildly spoiled this year. . .












It's not Gloria's fault that I continue to buy her Barbies for Christmas.  I'm living in denial. . .




Merry Christmas!!

No comments: