Friday, August 17, 2007

A Very Long Day. . .

Gloria successfully stayed the night Thursday at the Ritchie's!! We had to coerce and bribe her just a little, but she made it!! Thursday night was a very late night for the rest of us and we had to be up early on Friday. Rob arrived home at about 3 a.m. after running Straight Away and he and Dale had to load up and drive to Mtn. Home at 9:00 a.m. to set up the stage and canopy and the few light bars we weren't running in Caldwell. I had plenty to do myself, so I got up early, too. I picked Gloria up at Vic's and had a little time to visit:
I was planning to bulldoze my house when I got home around 1:00, but I was too stinkin' tired so I told the kid's to give me a half hour nap and then I'd fix them lunch. I woke up at 4:00!!! I never do that!! When I finally drug myself out of bed, Zach had graciously fixed lunch for himself and Gloria and they were both happily entertaining themselves. I tried to gear up to whip my house into shape but all I managed to do was pick up the last Harry Potter book and lay in bed and read it. . . Needless to say, my house still looks like a train wreck. We had made plans earlier in the week to go to the rodeo with Beau and his family so I did finally get up and make myself presentable. Gloria decided she needed to have her hair curled, too, and I even let her use a little lipstick and mascara! Glamour girl:

Rob and Dale didn't get back from Mtn. Home until close to 8:00 so we were a little late for the rodeo, but we still had a good time. Rob's sure our next purchase should be a video wall:

Gloria spent a good portion of the rodeo trying to catch the camera's eye so she could be on the video wall!!!

I took a bazillion pictures but I'll try to refrain from posting them all. Here are the best ones:














After the rodeo, Dale and Rob got back to work running Straight Away- night number 2:

Meanwhile the kids had a chance to have their picture taken with a bull:


Gloria even got to take a simulated bull ride:



It was another late night for all of us- especially Rob and Dale. Rob came home after 2 a.m. and we have another early morning set-up on Saturday. . .

No comments: