Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Am Woman, I Am Invincible, I Am Tired. . . . . .

I have a hard time sleeping in even when I go to bed at 5 a.m. Rob doesn't seem to have a problem with it, though! We were both exhausted after such a long week with very little sleep, but my mind starts to race when the sun comes up as I think about everything I have to do. Rob and I joke about the switch he must have that enables him to turn off his sense of responsibility. I don't have a switch!! With that said, even though I got up at a reasonable hour, I accomplished absolutely nothing. I caught up my blog, I read my e-mail, I took a nap, I read Harry Potter, I thought about doing a little bit of laundry but didn't actually get much further than thinking about it . . . When Rob was finally among the living, he and Gary went up to the house by Table Rock to pack up the stage and what was left of the canopy. Since we were celebrating three family birthdays at 6:00, I finally forced myself to get up and around and haul my lazy rear end out the door. One of the gifts that we got Rob's mom is my new slogan:

It was a nice party. We celebrated my niece turning 14:

My sister-in-law turning 40!!!:

And my mother-in-law's belated birthday:

Gloria is coming down with something and was also recovering from the withdrawals of spending two nights this week without us!! She was pretty clingy with her daddy:

Zach has been building Barbie-size Lego people which is really cute until you see that. . . .

. . . the Lego dog is actually eating the Lego baby while the parents writhe with grief. . . hmmmm. . . .

Gloria and Grandma:

Rob and his mama:

Rob loves to pick on his nieces and nephews:



The girls had fun looking at the birthday girl's new Ipod:

By the time we got home, Gloria was running a fever of 101. She was very miserable and slept fitfully all night. Poor baby.

No comments: