Friday, August 10, 2007

A better day. . .

Today was a breath of fresh air compared to yesterday. We all slept in a little bit and then the kids and I had lunch with Vic and her kids. I'm so excited that Vic has started a blog!!! www.victoriaritchie.blogspot.com

We had a really nice visit and the kids got to hang out and entertain each other. I wanted a group picture of the kids but Henry was pretty entertaining all by himself!! He's pretty proud of his recent potty training acheivements:

After several attempts, I finally achieved the results I was after:

After meeting with Vic, I met Shawn at the church and we had a good meeting concerning stuff coming up in the fall. There are so many areas I want to be involved in and I know that with the business and home schooling, I have enough on my plate, but I enjoy working with the kids and the youth and I think we're even going to try going back on the music schedule. Quizzing needs to start soon, I'll be teaching children's church once a month or so, I'm excited about planning some mentorship type get-togethers for the youth group girls, and of course, Kid's Club. I need to make a good plan so I can accomplish all I would like to for the upcoming school year.

Later, back at home, Gloria was hammin' it up for the camera. I took a video that is hilarious of her muscle-woman antics, but I haven't figured out how to load videos to the blog yet.

The kids spent the rest of the evening with the neighbor kids. Usually, my kids head off down the street where the thistles don't grow quite so wild, but tonight several of the neighborhood kids hung out at our house. Gloria attracts sweet little girls like a magnet. The three year old across the street is always coming over looking for "Goi-Ya". Tonight she sat still for a very long time while Gloria beaded her hair:

Gloria would have made a great big sister. . .



Zach used to be a Hot Wheel maniac but he hasn't gotten his stuff out in a long time. Tonight he drug a bunch of it outside and the boys had a great time playing with it.

I almost hate to admit what happened next. . . We are so weird. . . I always joke about our families eating schedule going something like this: We eat breakfast when we wake up, we eat lunch when I fix it and we eat dinner sometime before we go to bed. It is fairly common to have someone cooking around midnight at our house. It usually starts with Rob because he often gets too busy to eat during the day and he suddenly realizes he's hungry, but then the kids decide they're hungry, too, and before you know it, we're all sitting at the table at midnight eating dinner. Tonight, Gloria even set the table with placemats and everything and begged us all to sit down together. We had steak, baked potatos, steamed veggies, watermelon and biscuits. Gloria said a big prayer of thanks before we ate and, of course, I had to take a picture!!

We are so weird. . .

No comments: