Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday, High Desert Harley Grand Opening

Up at 6:30 a.m. again. This is becoming a very bad habit. Our good friend, Ric, agreed to run the Harley event until Rob finished up at the Idaho Center. I arrived around 8 a.m. and fired up the system and set up the mics. By the time the band and Ric got there, we were ready to go.

The first group up was the Blue Rays. They were great. The bass player has known Rob for a long time and remembered that I was a singer!! That made my day right there. Very few people on the business side of my life are aware that I sing. My memory isn't as good as his because I don't recall meeting him before but it was good to talk to him off and on during the day. Everyone in the band was cool and they played straight up, no frills, Rock and Roll.

Lori came by with Henry.

Unfortunately I forgot the pretzels and he didn't want much to do with me.

We both got a big kick out of the great lengths he would go to to avoid me and my camera:

Once the band was set, there wasn't too much for me to do so I experimented with the settings on my camera. This one's pretty funky:

Somehow I managed to get a darker setting for this shot, but then I couldn't remember what I did to get it that way. My camera has too much light in many of my outdoor photos.

The Harley Calender Girls threw t-shirts to the crowd off and on during the day:

Rob made it back in time to catch the last couple of songs and Ric took off for another show. The next group wasn't a group at all but just a guy with his guitar. He was good, but I really wasn't needed for this one so I went home to download my pictures and check on the kids. Grandma is keeping them very busy sorting through their stuff and encouraging them to get rid of some of it. I live with a bunch of stuff-collectors. I got back to the event just in time to set up for the Rockafellas. These guys are great. We've run them a few other times and they've told us how much they appreciate the way we run sound.

Dale finished up at the Idaho Center and unloaded the truck at the shop so we could load it up with all of this stuff tonight. He took my picture at the monitor board. This board has become my friend this summer and I'm not at all afraid to use it anymore.

http://www.rockafellasrock.com/

Rob had a great time running this band:

John is an amazingly talented drummer/singer:

The band played from 3:30-8:00. I left around 7:30 to grab Dale and Rob a bite to eat and got back just in time to start taking everything down at 8:00. Around 9:45 the guys told me to go home and do whatever I needed to do to get ready for tomorrow. I was just tired enough to take them up on it. I couldn't find my keys anywhere and really thought I must be losing my mind. I looked everywhere before I finally decided I must have left them in the car. I had parked quite aways out in a dirt parking lot and as I approached the car I could hear the radio playing. I couldn't believe it when I walked up and found that the car was still running. . . I guess I really am losing my mind. . .


No comments: