Friday, July 6, 2007

Lucy

Lucy had her first doctor appointment today. She received a good report and we'll go back in three weeks for her second set of shots. She's a funny little pup. We really have a lot of training ahead of us. She is kind of aggressive towards strange dogs and very aggressive about food. It would be funny except it will be a hard habit to break when she's older. She snaps and growls and acts like she's going to eat you alive when she doesn't get her way. She'll need lots of tough love.
We spent the afternoon helping Kristin. I haven't been sure how to blog about the terrible news we got on Tuesday, so I will be posting more on that later. Vic and I took the kids and went to Fred Meyer to pick up a few things Kristin needed. Vic took great amounts of pity on my poor daughter who's mother won't take her shopping and drug us all into the clothing section. I was the only one who protested, of course. All three girls came out of the experience with a treasure:

Gloria needs to go and live with Vic for a week. I think they understand each other!

Vic took all three girls back to her house and Zach stayed at Andrew's while I went with Rob and Dale to Veteran's Park for a stage/canopy set-up. It wasn't too bad as far as set-ups go.

Kristin dropped off the boys a couple of hours later and they ran the dogs around for awhile.
I took this picture and they seemed very interested in having more taken. They told me to go up the hill and take a "landscape" photo. They kept encouraging me to go a little higher. "Over by that tree, just over the hill. . . "

I actually thought they were interested in having their picture taken. Turns out that just over the hill, by the tree there was a couple having a little too much fun in a public place. The boys thought it was hilarious that they "tricked me" that easily. It didn't bother me and I even got a good landscape picture:
Lori had been at Victoria's house with her kids for the day, so she was the one to bring Gloria and Megan to me at the park. Rob commented about Lori's uncanny ability to track us down no matter where we are. She smacked him around a little bit for it:
Kristin came to pick up the boys while Lori was still there so we all chatted awhile.

We'll have to come back in the morning to put on the canopy and crank it up. . .

No comments: