Friday, March 16, 2007

March 16, 2007

Day 2, Service 2 of a 4-day, 6-service event.

The nice thing about having a multiple day event is that once it is set, there is very little preparation each day. The equipment has to be turned on, the wireless mics need to be checked for battery levels, and we have a quick sound check.


It looks like Dale is getting ready to sing with the worship team, but he is actually talking to them about their mics/monitors (I assume!):

Gloria and Megan were invited to wave some flags with the interpretive dance lady:

Gloria is in the center of this picture in pink and black, waving the purple flag:

Rob continues to have fun:

The amazing worship band:

The fabulous worship team:

The congregation sits and stands as they feel "moved" to throughout the service no matter what activity is going on on stage.
This is a mime ministry. It consists of a very talented group of young people who mime actions to CD tracks. It's very moving. Tonight they acted out a song about the cross:





The minister tonight was Joyce Rodgers. She preached out of Leviticus and talked about this being the "seventh year" and the begining of 3 years of blessings. Her message really struck a chord with me and gave me much food for thought. "Weeping lasts for a night, but JOY comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)



On a different note, Zach got his hair cut today!! He was in desperate need of it! I've had the same gal cut my hair since Gloria was a baby and she always does a great job. She called Zach's cut "the Scott Baio".


I think he looks handsome! (ok, I had posters of Scott Baio on my walls when I was in 6th grade!)


Gloria loves her brother even if she won't often admit it:



No comments: