Thursday, April 7, 2011

SPLAT. . .

You think you know a person after 25 years but Rob has surprised me several times during this remodel adventure.  When Gloria wanted to paint her room purple, green and blue, I assumed we would have a battle on our hands getting Rob to give it the OK.  I was wrong.  He rolled his eyes a bit but then he spent hours and hours and hours detailing the edges and painting the bright colors in spite of his penchant for egg shell white.  Then I thought he'd draw the line at orange curtains.  Nope.  He bought a fancy curtain rod and hung them neatly over the windows on the purple walls.  When we were trying to decide on floor coverings and my sister suggested purple carpet, I didn't even want to mention it because I thought Rob would think it was the worst idea.  Ever.  But Gloria liked the idea, asked her daddy what he thought and next thing I know we are at RC Willey picking out purple carpet.  Finally, when Gloria told me she'd like to splatter paint her purple doors with blue, green and white paint, I rolled my eyes and said Rob would never go for that.  I guess I should stop saying never. . .
 (note: one benefit to having a scary/crappy backyard, ok the only benefit, is that it doesn't matter if you splatter paint all over it!!!!)












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Ya, I thought so too! :)