Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Three Random Things. . .

This post is going to be very random, possibly dull and definitely weird.  I'll start out by saying that my Blackberry is slowly dying.  I thought it was a goner a few weeks ago, but it continues to limp along.  I have a strange, probably unnatural attachment to this particular phone that I've had for almost two years.  I don't want to replace it or recycle it.  I just want it to recover.  There isn't anything spectacular about it and lately I only use it when it's absolutely necessary so that I can make it last as long as possible, or at least until August when my T-mobile contract is over and I can get a free one when I sign up with Verizon.  Anyway, I took a few pictures with it this weekend in spite of trying not to use it and that is where this "interesting" post is coming from.

I'll start by saying that Zach and I have been playing Catan a lot lately.  A LOT.  I have an almost desperate sense that once our busy summer hits, the roller coaster will start and when it finally stops, Zach will be all grown up and going to college and there won't be any more texts that say, "Mom do you want to play Catan?"  I think that if he texted me in the middle of the night to ask that question, chances are good that I would get up and play.  Maybe I'm trying to make up for all of those times he asked me to play Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders and I was too busy.  Plus, I love Catan so it's not like some huge sacrifice. . .




Secondly, I have come to find out that there is a name for my reluctance to have people over to my house.  "Ataxaphobia: A fear of disorder or untidiness."  I'm an orderly person.  My life doesn't always sync with my desire to be orderly so at some point I just stopped inviting people over to my house.  It's interesting to note that I don't have this fear of other people's untidiness, just my own.  Since we started and (almost) finished our remodel, we've had several people come in and look around.  I still cringe when they look at the backyard but I'm getting more and more comfortable with having company in my house.  I also think it helps that I pulled out the fridge and cleaned behind it.  A friend of ours came by to drop off a CD for Rob and, normally, I would have had Rob meet him outside and/or down the street.  But this time, we invited him and his son inside . Maybe there is hope for me after all. . .


And lastly, this is what I found at about 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning:

And I think that's enough random rambling for today. . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wheres the piano?!?!?!?

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

It's in between the kitchen and the living room. The whole room looks much bigger. I could move things around cause the carpet installers repaired my living room carpet so I don't have to hide that spot anymore!!!

Unknown said...

Geez, I miss you.....

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

I love you Katrina! Your comment made me smile for a very long time after I read it. I miss you too.

Samantha said...

I know I said this already tonight, but I really appreciate your willingness to set everything aside and play Catan with Zach.

You are a beautiful woman and I'm glad we get to see each other twice a week :)