Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mood Swing. . .

Last night I went to bed wondering if Lucy would even make it through the night and this evening I'm thrilled with the good news that none of the scenarios the doctor predicted were causing Lucy's illness.  The biopsy results just came back and it turns out that Lucy has some kind of genetic problem with too many white blood cells and they've been building up over time and settled somehow on her liver.  The outside of her liver is severely damaged but the inside is fine.  I don't really understand it but that is my take on what the doctor told Rob that he explained to me.  I'll put a better explanation up here after we see the doctor again on Monday for Lucy's WELLNESS visit! 

In the meantime, she still has to take it easy since she is not quite out of the woods.  We'll continue to give her all of these meds through the feeding tube for as long as it takes:

Hope feels so much better than despair. . .

No comments: