Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quiz Meet #2. . . Quaker Hill. . .

In spite of bad weather that threatened to shut down quiz meet #2, everyone made it to McCall and back home again safely. Oh yeah, we also had a really good time! I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do because 1. I was too cold most of the time, 2. The rooms were mostly small and not well lit and 3. I was just kind of feeling lazy. . . Besides, I mostly used my phone so the quality isn't great but it still works to capture the memories. . .


Still my favorite team of officials:


It's always fun to quiz against the Greenleaf team. . .


So much snow! It snowed off and on the entire weekend. . .









Rob came along to the meet to help with music and sound. He might be banned from future quiz meets for challenging the judge who didn't accept Zach's challenge. . .

Our cabin was tiny but cozy. 10 females in a room that slept 10. Three of the bunks were just a couple of feet from the ceiling. I called a bottom bunk, of course, as did all of the adults so poor Steph, pretty much the tallest girl in the room, got stuck way up top. . .

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the middle school team quizzing because I am not their coach. I heard they did just fine, though, and had a great time. . .

The verse-off. . .

Quizzing against Newberg. Good times!





I've been playing the game of Spoons most of my life but I have to say that the 2 hour game at Quaker Hill will probably live in my memory as THE MOST VIOLENT of them all. At least 4 people bled at some point (the sign of a TRUE Spoon's Player) and I'm pretty sure there were some visible bruises as well. . .

It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Here is just a little bit of video as proof:



The second meet is always held around my and Elsie's birthday so we still get to celebrate together like we have since she was about 3!!
The awards ceremony! Zach's hard work paid off and he took first place in the high school division! Yay, Zach!
Cute couple. . .
Sweet friendships. . .
One last look at our cozy little room. . .

And finally, the traditional eating of the Hostess cupcake on the return trip. . .
Always fun to go to Quaker Hill but always nice to come back home. . .

2 comments:

Gregg Koskela said...

Way to go Zach!

Thanks Tanya for the pics.

love Tweety said...

Wow!! A spoons game more violent than the cabin games. Good Good memories.