Friday, December 17, 2010

Birthday Party #3. . .

How many parties does one person need?? By the time all is said and done, Gloria will have had four parties to commemorate her 12th birthday. We celebrated Party #3 at Dick and Jeanie's on Sunday afternoon. . .


I think I took around 400 pictures. I may have a problem. . .

It's hard not to, though, when everyone is this cute!!



After a birthday lunch of Gloria's choosing (egg salad sandwiches!), she opened her gifts. . .










After the gifts, Jeanie had a few party games lined up. The ideas were borrowed from the TV show, Minute To Win It, and they were hilarious!! Jeanie demonstrated the first game for us. The object of the game was to get a cookie to travel from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands. A VERY important skill to have. . .












Some were more skilled . . .

. . . than others. . .














In the second game, a box filled with little jingle bells was tied around the contestants waist and the object was to empty the box by dancing around. . .





Tony put on a great show. . .

Nice moves. . .













Kelsey seemed to know what she was doing, too. . .





I think Dusty has a little TOO much experience with this. . .







Zach was so good that he managed to dump all of his bells in about 10 seconds. . .



He's still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up and I'm wondering if there is some kind of a future in this????


I had been hiding behind the camera during the games but someone decided I should have to participate in this one. There is a reason I don't dance. I'm pretty sure I get my moves from Elaine. . .




I'm sure I'll regret posting this, but I guess it's only fair. . .




The last game required even more skill. We were divided into two teams for this relay race that required dexterity of the fingers as 4 candy canes were passed from person to person. . .

It took intense concentration. . .







In the end, Team Yugo was victorious!!!


After the party games, I annoyed everyone with my never-ending Kodak moment search. . .






Max can't tell me to go away yet so I point the camera at him a little more often than the others . . .
















Cody is old enough to just walk away but he's nice enough to humor me. . .






Happy Birthday, Gloria! Again. . .


(As I finish up this post, I am in the midst of Birthday Party #4. Will it ever end??)

No comments: