Monday, December 13, 2010

Birthday Party #1. . .

I believe I may be back in the running for that elusive Mother-of-the-Year award.

My birthday party idea for Gloria was brilliant in so many ways. Thanks to a Facebook referral, I booked a "Dive In Movie Package" at the local Holiday Inn. This meant that I didn't have to spend a bunch of time and money taking a slew of girls to the mall/movie/Wahooz/fill-in-the-blank; I didn't have to clean-sweep my house; I didn't have to plan party games and make candy filled goodie bags; and, best of all, I really didn't have to do very much at all. The package included a room that opened up to the pool, a big beach ball and swim noodle, AYCE popcorn and soda, a double feature movie on the big screen BY THE POOL, and an overnight stay with CABLE TV (for me, of course)!!!


It was the best party EVER. For me, anyway!

The girls swam from about 4:30 p.m. on Friday until 10 a.m. on Saturday, taking breaks only to eat and sleep (but not much!). . .






Of course, they also took a break to open presents. But only for a minute!!















Back to the pool for a Toy Story Double Feature. . .




We even had a party hostess who made sure we had everything we needed and even called us by name. . . Ok, it was a little weird, but nice. . .







When the pool closed at 11 pm, the girls took the party inside for some girl time. . .








After a very short sleep, they hit the pool again. . .

This is the view of the pool from our room:


Dive In Movie Package: $99.00
Pizza Delivery to the hotel: $20.00
Not having to clean up before OR after: Priceless
This was only the beginning of a party filled weekend. . . Up next: Party # 1.5, Party #2 and Party #3. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... Sounds super fun!! Tell Gloria I said Happy Birthday!!!!

~Elsie Grace :)