Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sick. . .

We were very fortunate all summer long to avoid getting sick. Besides Gloria's broken arm, we managed to escape visiting the doctor all season. Last summer we had at least two ER visits and a string of cold viruses that Gloria, at least, couldn't seem to get away from. Our luck couldn't hold out indefinitely, however, and Gloria ended up getting sick during the Caldwell festival. Zach caught the bug just as Gloria was recovering and now, even though I've done everything to avoid it, the bug has managed to catch my throat on fire and make every muscle in my body ache. Seems ironic that I worked my tail off all summer and remained upright (for the most part!) but one little cold bug can knock me off my feet and make me feel like I've been hit by a truck. . .

No comments: