Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Beautiful Swamp

The weather was absolutely perfect in McCall over the weekend. There were still patches of snow on the ground but the temperatures were in the 80's. It was beautiful.
This is a swamp.

This swamp has been here as long as I've been coming to visit and I have only had thoughts like, "Ewww" for this particular location at Quaker Hill. It's usually swarming with mesquitos and covered with algae and all types of unknown floaties. . . I generally try to avoid it.
It also happens to be a popular playground for the kids. . .

I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to play on or around the "island" in the middle of this swamp but I was pleasantly surprised at the beauty I found in such an unlikely place.

The reflection in the water was like a mirror.

It was so clear and still . . .

I guess you could say it's not so much a swamp as a lovely pond. . .

. . . a pond that provided hours of entertainment and discovery. . .

Although, in the middle of July I'm thinking it will revert back to being a swamp. . .

No comments: