Thursday, January 17, 2008

Game Crazy

When I was growing up, I liked to play games so much that if I couldn't convince someone to play a game with me, I'd play it by myself. Monopoly was my game of choice and I would set up a four player game and take each player's turn without actually favoring one over the other until one of me won the game. I could do this for hours. It's a miracle I ever found a boyfriend, much less a husband. Zach has inherited this trait from me and hopefully it won't affect his future marital status. He takes it a step further, however, and mixes LOTR Risk and Star Wars Risk together to see if A Galaxy Far, Far Away can conquer Middle Earth. Or not. So, the other night, he was just setting up the games when we got home from the Covington concert and he asked if I wanted to play. I was too tired so I declined but, out of nowhere, Rob said, "Sure". Rob has never wanted to play Risk with us. In fact, Rob mocks us for playing Risk. It was too good to pass up so I played anyway. We started to play LOTR Risk at 9:30 p.m., Zach battled my last hobbit out of The Shire around 1 a.m. and Rob became the new ruler of Middle Earth at 3:00 a.m. I guess he won't be mocking us anymore.



No comments: