Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol's Bucky Covington

In our line of work, you never know when you wake up what the day will hold. On Monday night, Rob received a phone call and was given the opportunity to run sound for two concerts on Tuesday for Bucky Covington, an American Idol contender a couple of seasons ago. I tend to wait until the last couple of episodes to watch Idol so I haven't exactly followed this man's career, but I am familiar with one of his songs that plays on the radio. The first concert was in Vale, Oregon at the local high school and the second was a listener appreciation event in Boise.

I've been opting out of shows lately since we have several good, qualified people who want to help with events, so all I had to do was show up in the evening and enjoy.

It was a very laid-back, acoustic set with plenty of audience feed back. I was impressed with Bucky's ability to entertain the crowd. He's very personable and put on a good show.

So, even though I don't have benefits like insurance and paid vacations, I do have this:

No comments: