Saturday, December 8, 2007

Birthday Party For Jesus

On Saturday the Education Committee at church hosted a party to remind kid's why we celebrate Christmas. Jody supplied everything they needed to make a gift for Jesus that they will open on Christmas Day.


When the boxes were decorated and filled and after playing several rounds of party games, we all headed into the gym to hit the pinata.

Zach and Andrew were in charge of raising and lowering the donkey for the kids to whack.

I thought for sure it was coming down when Ian came up to bat.

The donkey stayed intact for several more hits. Gloria took an unsuccessful turn.

When the donkey finally lost the battle, the kids gathered the candy and toys and, amazingly enough, no one cried!

Back to the fellowship hall for cake and ice cream and to fill the boxes with the gifts for Jesus.
I spent the remainder of the evening catching up all the posts I had started and couldn't finish during a very busy week instead of cleaning my house and getting ready for Christmas. I guess I know what my priorities are!!!

No comments: