Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Love and Haircuts

We've been getting our hair cut by the same gal since I was pregnant with Gloria. Mechelle Duke is quite gifted and is even in the process of opening a fancy new salon and day spa!! She calls us "The Hair Family" because we all have so much hair and, except for me, it grows thick and fast. We all trust her to give us just the cut and style we need. Because she's so good, it's sometimes difficult to get an appointment unless you're willing to wait about 3 weeks so I often settle for a cheaper, walk-in salon when the kids need a quick hair cut. When Gloria decided it was time to chop off her long locks, though, I knew we needed to get in to Mechelle no matter how long we had to wait. We weren't disappointed. Here's the "before" picture:

And the "after" picture":

Gloria was thrilled and not the least bit upset about the piles of hair all over the floor.

Zach's been in desperate need of a haircut for a couple of months, so when I made Gloria's appointment, I set Zach up with one, too. Here's his "before" picture:

And "after":

After thanking Mechelle profusely, I drove away with two new kids!! I also made my own appointment in mid-January and told Mechelle she could do whatever she wants with my hair!! This could be interesting!!

Later in the evening, we all went to JB's to celebrate. For some reason, we are always silly in JB's. There must be something in the air. The kid's decided to play the game, "Honey, if you love me, won't you please, please smile". The youth group kids play this a lot and Zach is apparently pretty good at it. The point of the game is to make your opponent smile before they can reply, "Honey, I love you but I just can't smile".

Rob was surprisingly bad at this game:


I was doing pretty good against Gloria until she did this:
This was about the only way Gloria could make Zach smile:

I enjoyed my family AND my new camera (and the new haircuts!!)







1 comment:

Melanie said...

They look adorable with their shiny, shiny new cuts! So cute.

I completely forgot about that game. We used to play it in Girl Scouts.