Saturday, February 2, 2013

2nd Weekend, Winter Carnival Saturday...

Saturday at the carnival was another gorgeous day with two amazing bands.  The first one, Free Peoples, played from 1-4:


Here's a clip of the band from Youtube:


The crowd was large and happy all day long. . .

The second band was The Scott Pemberton Trio.  Really amazing energy and one of the best guitar players I've ever worked with.

Here's a clip but it's not G-rated, just a warning. . .


This was also the second night of the skating event so Kurt spent the afternoon at the rink while Rob ran sound at the main stage until after the fireworks.  I was on my own after that for another 2 hours. . .



After packing up as much as I could on the stage I headed over to the rink to catch the last 20 minutes or so of the skating event.  I was pretty impressed with the light show.  It still amazes me when I see a show come together after so much hard work and preparation.  It really was a beautiful thing. . .

And, of course, afterwards we had to take it all down. . .

No comments: