Friday, February 15, 2013

Off My Chest...

So...I've got a little something I need to get off my chest and I figure this is a safe place to do that since I don't think my seven readers will judge me or gossip about it. :)

Not long ago we did a blood, sweat and tears (mine, of course) renovation at a local hotel. (I won't mention any names so that Google can't gossip....) It was a rousing success and has gone on to be touted as a "premiere listening room" with state-of-the-art sound, lighting and staging. This is great, right? Yes. Yes, it's great. Which makes my problem a totally selfish one: I want our business to get some credit for it. I want Rob and Kurt to get pats on the back and mentions in the articles about it. I want them to give us an exclusive contract to work the events in the room (even though that's totally unrealistic considering our schedule!!)  It's frustrating to have someone else volunteer to run sound. . .

It's not like we haven't been given credit. The hotel has been great to work with and has gone on to hire us for many other projects. The owners are kind and generous people. No complaints there at all. But I see the excitement surrounding the room and it feels like we are sitting on the bench during a record setting ball game and we aren't getting to play.

For example, this is a link to a recent news clip about the room:

Concert Series Debut

Listening to this interview made me sad and happy at the same time.

We have two concerts in there next weekend so that might help me feel better but in the meantime, it did help to get that off my chest...

And in keeping with my record of posting a daily pic, we had a concert at the same hotel in a different room on Friday night. It was packed and it went well. The band played oldies and the crowd was a bit older... And I had a lovely time people watching from my side-stage view point.


And now I'll go back to just letting it go and recognize that "it is what it is". . . No. Big. Deal.

No comments: