Monday, February 11, 2013

Gloria...

I had a moment this evening when I realized that an assumption I've held for a long time is wrong. Not entirely wrong but pretty much way off base. I said I would never label my kids but I did it anyway. Zach is the academic one and Gloria is the social one. Wrong. Zach is academic, true, and Gloria is social for sure. HOWEVER... My girl is also way more academic than I've given her credit for. She studies very hard and was able to get 6 A's and a B+ in her first semester at a REAL school. But it's not just about good grades. She is seriously studious and consciously investing in her future as a forensic scientist. Or whatever she chooses to be.

As I watched her study her Geography this evening, I found myself thoroughly enjoying her company. She's a hummer like me and we had some good harmonies going while we worked side by side. I'm thankful that I like my kids and that my kids seem to like me.

I know my kids aren't perfect and I try not to put them on a pedestal but I'm just so dang proud of both of them that sometimes I have to brag a little. This girl makes me smile. A lot.

No comments: