Sunday, March 27, 2011

House Update. . .

I think maybe we are on the home stretch for this particular project.  Obviously we will have plenty to do when we begin again in the fall, but at some point we need to actually, you know, work.  Today we carpeted the garage.  Who does that??  On Tuesday the carpet installer will come and install the carpet in the family room and then some time between Friday and Monday of next week, Gloria's carpet will be in.  This picture is taken from in front of the garage door looking into the family room.  We will have full length drape hung between the two rooms so it won't seem like a garage.  Hopefully.

For now I'm enjoying the fact that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and am really looking forward to curling up on the couch in the family room and reading a book.  Except that Rob will take my book, put in a movie and make me sit in the exact spot where the freshly installed surround sound will surround me as the sub woofer in the corner twitches my eye lids. . .

No comments: