Monday, March 7, 2011

Hayden Lake Quiz Meet: Day 1. . .

The last quiz meet of the year is always a little bitter-sweet: I enjoy coaching my team, but when it's over, I have one less responsibility. This trip, however, was not only the last meet of the year, it was also Zach's last meet as a quizzer. Seven years of quizzing- approximately 28 quiz meets (give or take)- and this was the very last one.

The road trip was pretty uneventful. No flat tires or bad weather. We decided to go up through Council, New Meadows and Riggins for a change of scenery. We stopped at a little diner in Riggins for lunch. . .
Because I'm a candidate for photo-bloggers-anonymous, one of my main goals for the weekend was to take a photo at the same location as a photo taken during Zach's very first quizzing season. There were only three quizzers that year and Jeff Long was the driver and photographer on this trip. He told me the location and I THINK we found it!
2011: Andrew, Steph, Zach

2004: Zac, Ashlie, Zachary
My phone obviously can't do the pictures justice but it was a beautiful area.



The middle school team: Megan, Corri, Gloria. We missed Cade this trip!!

Zach has changed just a little over the last 7 years!!

We made the trip in about 9 hours even with several breaks. We were fortunate enough to stay with Jeanette and Dave in their gorgeous, spacious home so there were no worries about what we would do when we arrived. Instead of getting farmed out to host homes, we went to Panda for dinner! It was lovely.

Often times the night before a quiz meet can be a little stressful due to long travel and uncertainty but this time we were relaxed and comfortable and got to just hang out, play games and visit before getting a good night's sleep.

Of course, I took way too many pictures so I'm working on a slide show of the actual quiz meet. It was a good meet with a VERY fun activity!!

No comments: