Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Math. . .


Even though I enjoy math, I find myself putting off helping Zach with his Algebra II until I absolutely have to face it. Fortunately for me, he gets it most of the time and rarely asks for help. I think part of the reason I put it off is that I'm afraid that one day I won't get it. It's not that I try to make my kids think I know everything and we often find our everyday kind of answers on the Internet, but this is math. I know math! Math is my thing!
Today was one of those days that I took a deep breath and sat down to tackle a concept that Zach has been stuck on for about a week. Once we get started on this process, I always wonder why I put it off for so long. Zach and I think so much alike that when we put our heads together over a problem, we end up reaching the solution almost simultaneously. It becomes this really cool "a-ha" moment that I would totally miss out on if I didn't make the effort to dig into the far recesses of my brain. It's worth it every time. It's also a good feeling to know that math is still my thing. Well, at least until we hit Calculus. . .

No comments: