Saturday, July 25, 2009

Friday, Roseberry, Day 3 of 5

The Roseberry Festival is one of my favorite events because it's kind of like a working vacation. Once everything is set up, the days are free until the bands start in the evening. That is so much better than spending a day setting up, having a 3 hour concert and then spending 5 hours taking it all down the same day.



On Friday morning, we headed back to the lake. . .


It was beautiful. . .


Rob and Gloria floated way out on their inflatable rafts. . .









They floated way, WAY out. . .

Zach and I stayed back at the beach. . .











Rob and Gloria spent about an hour out on the water and Rob ended up with a nasty sunburn that bothered him the rest of the weekend. Gloria wore sunscreen and was just fine. . .

And, of course, she made a new friend. . .



On the way back to the stage we stopped for lunch at a place called Paradise Burgers. We ate outside on the patio and I discovered the hammock. The sign that I'm holding says, "I found my paradise". I could have stayed right there the rest of the weekend. . .


The kids eventually kicked me out so they could have a turn. . .









Back to work. . .


Kurt and Hailey were there when we got back and it was nice to know that Kurt would be running monitors for these guys:



The Friday night group was Mike Marshall, Daroll Anger and Vassen.


The sound check went smoothly and we were ready in plenty of time. . .

Everyone in the group played string instruments. No drums. No vocals.

I wasn't familiar with some of the strings they played. . .



It was a pretty mellow evening which is why. . .

. . . this guy cracked me up. His badge reads "crowd control" and he took his job very seriously. Actually, he did a great job all weekend protecting everything and everyone on the stage. He was much more necessary on Saturday night. . .


It was an enjoyable evening at Roseberry. . .






Hailey took a great video of the last song but it doesn't want to upload onto my blog so I had to post a Youtube video:

Another interesting evening. . .

No comments: