Sunday, May 10, 2009

Youth Sunday!!!!

Today was the long-anticipated Youth Sunday at church! It was the coolest church service EVER. . . If this had been my first Sunday at this church, I would be back next Sunday for sure! The service started with a video that the kids made and Byron and Melanie edited that was REALLY good. I'm hoping Melanie will put it on Youtube so I can post it here. We also watched one of Andrew's claymation projects and it was a big hit. The kids led all of the music with Rob at the piano and me standing behind them as the back-up singer. I'll be back-up for these guys anytime. . .






Steph did a beautiful job with her solo offertory and Morgan gave the announcements and read the scripture. . .


Each of the kids prepared a special letter about their moms and there wasn't a dry eye in the place when they were finished!

This is a video of what Zach had to say about me:

I cried. . .


Before the sermon the kids acted out a skit about Mother's Day where each "child" had tried (and failed) to get their mother something nice on her special day. The funniest part was at the end when "mother" Morgan told them they all take after their fathers. . . (plural. . . get it??). . .


After the skit Zach delivered his first public sermon. I was so proud! He put a lot of time and effort into his research and I think it really paid off. I'm uploading the sermon onto Youtube right now but it's almost 8 minutes long so it's taking a VERY long time to load. I'll try to post it later tonight. Jered texted me right before Zach's sermon to remind me to take a video (thanks Jered) and it felt like he was right there with us. Steph was sitting next to me when I got the text and it made her grin from ear to ear!!

Rob's mom and dad and my parents all came to church so they could watch their grandson preach! He made us all very proud!!



After the service, Gloria and I got our hands on little baby Ethan. I couldn't help but think that it seems like just yesterday that Zach was this tiny. . .


And now, as I'm writing this post, I'm sitting at the table in the cabin looking out at the river feeling very, very blessed. . .

2 comments:

KatrinaM said...

Made me wish I had been there! We thought about you all this morning. Sounded very memorable.

Gregg Koskela said...

So, so cool! I wish I could have been there, too. Great people! Tell them to keep letting God use them!