Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back To Reality. . .

As much as I enjoy spending time at the cabin, it really makes it much more difficult to come back to real life when it's over. We spent all day Wednesday returning phone calls and e-mails and facing the reality that summer will be here fast and furious in a couple of short weeks. Our event calender for June, July and August is nearly full with only 3 weekends (temporarily) open. I have to make myself take it one day at a time or I will feel completely overwhelmed! Right now we have to focus on finishing all of the cases. . .


Back in March we went out and took measurements for a large case order that includes one of the biggest cases we've ever built. . .

This lovely marimba will soon have a lovely, new, olive-colored home:

It will look something like this only shorter and squattier and, of course, olive-colored:
Rob cut all the pieces out and will, hopefully, have this case finished over the weekend. . .


The other case we worked on this week was for this big bass drum:


This one isn't quite so complicated so we were able to get most of it done on Wednesday and Thursday. . .



In the meantime, Kurt is holding down the fort at the Civic Center and The Egyptian and I'm doing my best to pay attention to my kids. . .


This is really the hardest part of the whole year for me because we're at the end of the school year when I really need to focus on wrapping things up with the kids but things are gearing up for our busy, busy season at work so I'm really burning the candle at both ends. It will get easier when school is over. . . I guess that's my light at the end of the tunnel. . .


On Thursday afternoon we went out to the Hawks Stadium where we'll have a show at the end of May. The speakers we installed last spring are working great. . .
I hope we'll be able to go to a couple of games this summer but only time will tell. . .
On Friday we had an event at my nephew's grade school. My sister has been working on a brochure for our business so, in trade for all of her hard work, we set up a sound system for a few bands that would be playing at the Fun Fair that she helped organize. She did an amazing job with the raffle area. She set up the whole thing like a Monopoly board and managed to get a ton of stuff donated to raffle off. . .
I had fun eavesdropping on a couple of conversations about how amazing my sister is! Everyone was so impressed with all of her hard work.
This is the stage and system that we set up. A bit over-the-top for what it was but the bands really seemed to enjoy it. . .

I didn't set out to make this a week long post but my days flew by and all I had time to do was put pictures up each evening. Here is it Saturday morning and I'm getting ready to head up to McCall for family camp and 2 more days off!! Rob and Kurt will both be working so I'm sure reality won't be quite so painful when I get back on Monday. . .

No comments: