Friday, May 1, 2009

What We've Been Doing. . .

It was another busy week with no time for daily blog posts so, once again, here is our week at a glance. We all had plenty to do. . .

The guys spent hours and hours and hours building cases. . .



















They turned out beautifully and even exceeded the customer's expectations. . .

The kids ended up doing most of their schoolwork at the shop which actually works out pretty well. I'm able to get things done and hang out with my kids at the same time. They even (mostly) had good attitudes about it. . .
It can actually get pretty interesting down at the shop. This is the foam cut-out from the guitar case Rob and Kurt built:
When she wasn't doing her schoolwork, Gloria spent a LOT of time in this card board box. . .
Wednesday night was the last Kid's Club and youth group until fall. It was bittersweet. . .
Since Gil and Louise are retiring, I'm not exactly sure what Kid's Club will look like next year. Louise and I have worked together on this for so many years (and we've made a great team!) that I'm just not sure if I'll be able to go on without her!! Maybe I'll let myself graduate to the youth group. . .
. . . or maybe not. . .
I woke up Thursday morning to this note on my computer which prompted me to take the day off. . .
First, I spent some much needed time cleaning my house before horse lessons. . .




. . . And then we went shopping. And I let Gloria try on clothes to her heart's content. At several different stores. It was exhausting.

She chose to go to Panda for dinner and we had a chance to enjoy each other's company. She's convinced that all of her friends and their mothers do this several times a week but, at any rate, I know we need to do it more often. . .

On Friday Zach had a meeting at the church so Gloria got to hang out with little Eva. . .
I love watching Gloria with little kids- she takes such good care of them. . .


In the meantime, I made a couple of new friends:



It was a long, busy week (again) but things are good. I have high hopes that we'll have a little breather this coming week but only time will tell. . .

No comments: