Sunday, May 24, 2009

Progress. . .

(I have to start this post with a pre-script (?). I started writing this last Sunday and have hardly touched my computer since then. It is now Sunday morning, 7 days later and it's been pretty crazy. Hopefully I'll have some time today to post and reflect on the whirlwind week!!)


My posts are going to be a little confusing and out of order for awhile but I guess that's an accurate reflection of my life right now. On Thursday we had our second to last horse lesson of the season. It was the last lesson for me, however, since this upcoming Thursday is the first Nampa Nights of the summer followed by one event after another. . . Literally.
Gloria loves her lessons and takes them very seriously so we'll plan on taking lessons again in the fall. . .





It's been a very interesting experience all the way around for both of us. . .


This next set of pictures is from the previous Thursday and were taken by my mom:


It was really nice having my mom and dad come out to lessons and watch Gloria and I with the horses. They know I've never been real fond of horses so they could see first hand just how far I've come!!


Plus, it was fun for me to see my dad in his element. He grew up on farms and would have loved to raise us in the country but it never quite worked out that way. . .


Even though Cookie is a biter, I've learned some tips and tricks to keep from getting bitten and I think she has figured out that I'm ok and not out to hurt her. . .



Cookie has a bit of a sore back so it's a little painful for her to be brushed and saddled. It helps to have a pile of hay to keep her busy. . .

I've even figured out how to attach this strap thingy around her tail. I never thought I'd get this close to a horse's hind end!!


It's been a great bonding experience to share this with Gloria. . .



















It's funny to look back on my blog post from the very first lesson. I know I have a long way to go in working with horses but I think I've made some good progress!

No comments: