Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Phling and Philm Phest. . .


The BFC youth group held their phirst annual Spring Phling and Philm Phest on Saturday night. . .




. . . complete with a (rice crispy treat) sushi bar. . .





There were plenty of treats. . .


. . . and plenty of sweets. . .

One of the coolest things about it for me, personally, is that all I had to do was show up and take pictures!!




Byron and Melanie Pholwell were the master minds behind the project . . .




All of the kids in the youth group are into drama so it made perfect sense to split them into teams to work on creating phabulous philms. . .


I helped out with the all-girl team and they decided to do a spoof on Napoleon Dynamite . .
with a girl as the main character. . .

Morgan played the part of Santa Maria Dynamite. . .

They all did a great job of planning each of the scenes in a limited amount of time . . .


. . . and then directing each other as they improvised with little to no editing. . .




I'm hoping to put the phinished philm on the blog eventually so I don't want to give anything away. . .

. . . but it's kind of obvious in this picture that something sinister happened and that Elvis may (or may not) have had something to do with it. . .


While the two philms were being readied for viewing, everyone gathered in the gym for a phun cakewalk. . .





Steph was the lucky winner of the grand prize Snickers cake. . .


We had a little entertainment before the philms began. . .




Using the projector and a large space on the wall, we were treated to a couple of original claymation philms before the main pheatures by Andrew (these can be seen on Youtube but I haven't found the link yet) . . .




. . . and a (very) short original project by Zach. . .
I realize this is totally anti-climactic but I am not allowed to show the philms that were created by the two teams until a bit of editing is done. I DO have the videos in their entirety on my computer but Zach has forbidden me to show them in their uncut state. Although both films were amazing, due to the fact that all of the scenes were made in one take, I think I have to agree. . .
Stay tuned. . .

No comments: