Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Calm Before The Storm. . .


I actually started writing this post over a week ago when I was still in denial that there would be a calm before the storm. It hasn't been calm. Not even little. It seems like every day since the end of spring break has been filled to overflowing with a million things demanding my time and attention. Between home, work and school I've hardly had time to catch my breath and a little sleep before my mind starts churning out lists of things that need to be done. In the next month and a half alone, these are just some of the things that are on the business calender:


*36 Flight cases to build

*15 Civic Center Events

*10 BIG Events (including 5 events over a three day period. . . )

*4 Small-ish Events

Add to that my school, church, paperwork and home responsibilities and I feel like I'm on a spinney fair ride that makes me feel just a little pukey from time to time. . . but. . . I'm not complaining or looking for sympathy because all of this means that business is good. Life is good. I've also decided that my life in general is like training for a marathon so I'm cutting myself a little slack on training for the 10K in June. I'm riding my bike more, taking shorter, quicker walks and runs with the dogs and occasionally carrying truss down stadium stairs, so I think I should still be ready. . .

No comments: