Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Gourds

We were back in The Egyptian on Friday for a Gourds concert. I hadn't heard of them before but after doing a google search I found out they're pretty famous in Texas and even have a large following across the US. After hearing them play and entertain the crowd Friday night, I can understand why! Our set up was a little rough but we survived it and were ready when the band arrived and had a nice, smooth sound check. They were easy guys to work with.
The Gourds brought their own front-of-house guy but Rob ran sound for the opening band. . .

With the equipment of 2 five-piece bands set up on the stage, there just wasn't a lot of room to move around. . .

It looked pretty cool though. . .



The opening band, Jeremiah James, is a local group that I have heard of but not actually heard. They were really good and I have a feeling we'll be working with them again soon. I found one video of them on YouTube just to give an idea of what they sound like. . .




They were very entertaining. . .




Kurt was back in his corner again doing a great job on monitors. . . both bands were very happy.


When The Gourds came on, the crowd immediately reacted and started dancing in the aisles!









They put on a great show. . .






I'm definitely a new fan of The Gourds. . .

No comments: