Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Farm (I'm running out of horse titles!)

I realized today at horseback riding lessons that we only have a few more weeks to enjoy being out on the farm. It's almost over! Even though it's been cold and muddy more often than not, I can honestly say I've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. The students are all doing amazingly well. They're very comfortable on the ponies and are learning new things every week. . .


Today they learned a game called The Mug Shuffle. There are four poles in a diagonal line across the center of the arena and two of them have overturned cups on them. The exercise requires the rider to control the horse with one hand (walking him in a straight line) while moving one cup at a time to the next pole. The next horse and rider are waiting at the other end to move the cups back to their original position and so on and so forth:

Gloria managed Buttons really well. . .



I'm going to miss hanging out on the farm. . .










Who knows, maybe I'll sign myself up for lessons next time. . .

No comments: