Saturday, March 29, 2008

SPRING BREAK

I had BIG plans for Spring Break. I was going to clean my house, inside and out, attacking every closet and weeding every flower bed. When that was completed, I was going to finish my taxes and hand deliver them to my accountant. I was going to take walks, play games with my kids, catch up on all of my paperwork and even make plans with friends. Who was I kidding????? Where did the week go?? I looked around today at all of my accomplishments: there are no clean towels in the hall closet, my paperwork has been strewn across the living room floor, piles of tax files clutter up the kitchen table and there is an empty kitty litter pan sitting on my front sidewalk and I don't have a clue how it got there. However. . . I did partially weed the front flower bed, I finished more than 3/4 of my taxes making this the first time in 5 years we won't have to file an extension, I took Gloria to swim lessons everyday giving me a chance to visit with Joyce, I dropped Zach off at Taffin's a few times so he could earn a few bucks AND I visited Kristin, who just had neck surgery, in the hospital. So, while I didn't do much of anything that was on my list, it was still a good week and I'm feeling a little refreshed and ready to tackle life that seems to be coming at me fast and furious.


Kristin looked just beautiful after her surgery. I was envious because I always come out of surgery looking like an ogre.




Gloria and Megan had a great time at swimming lessons:



Cade joined them this year and had a great time:













This little fishy has changed quite a bit in the last 8 years. This photo was taken when Gloria was about 9 months old at her very first swimming lesson:
And here she is today:

She's changed a little bit since this time last year, but not much:
Too cute!:

Gloria and Megan in March of 2007:
They look a little older in March of 2008:
Another picture from 2007:
Diving. . .
. . . and sliding:
Swimming is fun, but exhausting (especially when you have to get up "early" every morning to get there!):

While Gloria worked on her swimming skills, Zach spent time helping out at the Taffin's house:

It's always more fun when you work with a friend:

Rob and Dale continue to work on the Baker install and we may even be taking on someone to help with the cases (we have about 15 to build right now along with the install!!). This is Melissa, a local contractor and all-around handy-woman:



Kristin came home from the hospital on Friday, still looking beautiful. Surgery and recovery went better than expected and she should soon be enjoying less pain and more movement!

Zach engineered a ship in his spare time complete with a motor:

Off to do a load of towels and to finish off my taxes!!!!

No comments: