Sunday, March 9, 2008

Twenty-Two Years

On a Sunday afternoon, twenty-two years ago today, Rob and I officially started dating. It unofficially started on Friday, March 7th, 1986 on a jazz choir trip to Seattle when we sat together on a Greyhound bus and talked all night. I was a freshman at NNC and was going along for the ride to see a friend that had moved to Seattle and Rob was a senior at Borah High School. . . he played keyboards for the jazz choir that I had been a part of just the year before. We knew of each other, vaguely, before the trip, and I remember thinking how cute he was and that it was too bad he had a girlfriend. . . yep, on Friday, March 7th, 1986, Rob had a girlfriend and on Sunday, March 9th, 1986, Rob had different girlfriend. It's not something I'm proud of and not something I recommend, but I can't say I regret it. It wasn't something either of us planned, but as we talked through the night on that 8-9 hour bus drive, we fell in love. Seriously. And we never looked back. OK, I glanced back a couple of times but it was pretty much full speed ahead from that moment on until our wedding 4 years and 5 months later. I can honestly, mushily say I love him more today than ever.

No comments: