Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter With Friends and Family

We spent Easter Saturday at Rob's parent's house. Once again, Jeanie went all out with Easter baskets and a delicious lunch.



The church service on Sunday was very meaningful to me (in spite of me). Leading up to Easter I found myself avoiding thinking about the cross. In fact, I've been avoiding most deep thoughts lately. . . Anyway. . . all of the songs we sang were about the cross and Gil's sermon, of course, was about the cross, and it's hard to not think about the cross on Easter Sunday. . . The kids sang 2 songs and, once again, I was struck by how much they are all growing and changing. If I blink, this group of kids will suddenly be in the youth group. After church I coerced many of my friends into having a family picture taken! It isn't everyday that the entire family is dressed to the nines!



After church, we went to Nampa and spent the afternoon at my parent's house. They have the perfect backyard for hiding eggs!! We grilled steaks and burgers and spent a much needed, very relaxing afternoon with family. I'm loving Picture Trail!! This is called the "magnifier" and if you run the curser over the pictures, it magnifies them. . . pretty cool!


No comments: