Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Reading Meme

I have been tagged by Gregg with a meme!!

The rules of this meme are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123
3. Find the first 5 sentences
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people

I had to cheat just a little bit on number one because I'm surrounded by the kid's school books. My immediate choices were The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Exploring Creation With Physical Science and page 123 of both of those books just didn't make any sense!! So I reached for the next closest book and found The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus by Brennan Manning. While I'm tempted to post more than 3 sentences, I've already cheated enough so here are the next 3 sentences on page 123 after the first 5 sentences:

"The second aspect of the word father in Scripture involves care, concern, compassion and reliability. We are not only invited but actually called to enter into this warm, liberating experience of fatherhood. In Romans Paul is explicit: "Those who are led by the Spririt of God are sons of God. . . "

I tag:
Melanie
Victoria
Tracie
Lori
Katrina
(Lori and Katrina- you can e-mail me and I'll post it on my blog OR you could just start a blog of your own. . . !!!!)

1 comment:

Gregg Koskela said...

I'm glad you cheated! Good stuff. Thanks for responding!