Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Katrina's Reading Meme

The rules of this meme are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123
3. Find the first 5 sentences
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people

Hey there, Here's what I came up with. The closest book was entitled Treasury of Children's Literature and page 123 contained a poem I had never read before. It had no punctuation and since it could've been written by Elsie a few years ago, I decided to cheat and post the whole poem. Maybe when I'm a granny, I won't always be in a hurry :) --Katrina

GRANNY GRANNY PLEASE COMB BY HAIR
by Grace Nichols

Granny Granny
please comb my hair
you always take your time
You always take such care
You put me to sit on a cushion
Between your knees
You rub a little coconut oil
Parting gentle as a breeze
Mummy Mummy
She's always in a hurry - hurry
Rush
She pulls my hair
Sometimes she tugs
But Granny
You have all the time in the world
And when you're finished
You always turn my head and say
"Now who's a nice girl."

No comments: