Tuesday, February 6, 2007

February 6, 2007

Rob and Dale went back to work on the boat show at 9:00 this morning. When I arrived with the kids around 10:30, I found them on the tines of a forklift hoisting a plasma!!!! I really dislike "flying" anything off of our truss because it gives me nightmares about someone or something being smashed to pieces, so I wasn't thrilled to see all of this:






These two are balancing themselves AND a 50" plasma 25' off the ground on a MOVING FORKLIFT!



It took a good part of the day to fly 3 plasmas along with the speakers and all necessary cables. I was so glad when the forklift went back to the job it was intended for- lifting boats.

After everything is in place the lights have to be adjusted. Rob and Gloria adjust the mirror lights on a Genie Lift. This doesn't bother me nearly as much since this is it's intended application!


The stressful part for me is that nothing is actually hooked up yet. All of the cables are labled and connected to the equipment up on the truss, but nothing is connected to the power or the mixer or the DVD players. . . Rob solders 4 cables that will hopefully cause the plasmas to turn on. . .

This is the view from the front doors where people will enter beginning Thursday at noon:


Dale is making adjustments to the par cans- each can is positioned so that it will reflect on a specific area of a boat bringing out the richness of the colors.

The cables are made and connected and the plasmas actually powered up!! Not that I ever doubted they would. . .

We are almost finished! Tomorrow we will have to do some final adjustments with the lights and tidy things up and we'll be set to go!!


Gloria working on school stuff on a boat!!


Gloria February 6, 2007

Zach February 6, 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Rob can fly plasmas, I am sure he can fly speakers. Ha Ha