Sunday, February 11, 2007

February 11, 2007

Gloria's still sick!! She slept o.k. in the night, but woke up needing to cough up a chunk of something. . . she was having a hard time getting her cough to produce anything and began to panic and feel like she couldn't breathe. She has a history of anxiety over not being able to breathe and/or dying, choking, etc and even went to the hospital with a panic attack about a year and a half ago. (I believe this stems from seeing a man keel over and die in a restaraunt a couple of years ago when we were driving through Nevada). She went through a period of time when she couldn't/wouldn't swallow because she was afraid she might choke and die. The hospital staff, at the time of her panic attack, were able to convince her that she would be just fine and that she was a very healthy little girl. She has brief periods, still, of obsessing about death/dying/heaven and worries about something happening to her. SO, this morning, she asked me how high Anna Nichole Smith's temperature was when she died!! Gloria has been running a low-grade fever for a couple of days and I could see the fear in her eyes!! I called the doctor just to ease her mind and the on-call doc actually said we should go to the ER just in case it was pneumonia. We went to the hospital around noon and it became an all-day ordeal. NOT because she was terribly sick but because everyone else in the vicinity decided to go to the ER at the same time. I had plenty of time to people-watch in the waiting room while we waited, and waited, and waited. . . Of course I had my camera with me and almost laughed out loud when I realized this poor OLD woman was sitting in a chair marked "maternity" on the back. I found it sad and hilarious at the same time!!

When we were finally assigned to a room and Gloria put on her lovely gown, I whipped out my camera and she immediately said, "Don't put this on your blog!!" So I paid her off and here it is!!
Gloria Feb 11, 2007

Zach Feb 11, 2007
Since I had some extra time on my hands this evening, I sorted through all of the pictures I took in January and picked up today at Walmart- all 340 of them!! This project is getting expensive!! I had a great time putting them in an album (yes, one whole album JUST for January). I even printed out my blog entries and matched them up with the pics in the album. I've often thought over the past month and a half how this blog is changing the way I look at things. Instead of life flying by with only vague memories of how my life is unfolding, I have a day-to-day account of the people and things that are important to me. My blog is bringing me joy!! The song, This Day, sung by Point of Grace, is on my Ipod and I've been thinking a lot lately about the meaning of the words:

This Day
Words & music by lowell alexander
(Point of Grace)

This day is fragile - soon it will end
And once it has vanished, it will not come again
So let us love with a love pure and strong
Before this day is gone

This day is fleeting when it slips away
Not all our money can buy back this day
So let us pray that we might be a friend
Before this day is gone

This day we're given is golden
Let us show love
This day is ours for one moment
Let us sow love

This day is frail - it will pass by
So before its too late to recapture the time
Let us share love, let us share God
Before this day is gone
Before this day is gone

No comments: