Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mock Quiz Meet. . .

In preparation for the quiz meet this weekend, we had a mock quiz meet tonight complete with an official Quiz Master and Score Keeper! Thanks Ken and Judy!


I think it was helpful to get the kids into quizzing mode before the actual meet. . .





They all took it fairly seriously. . .





Of course, everybody KNOWS Ken and Judy so it wasn't stressful or anything. . .

It was just VERY good practice to see just how prepared (or unprepared) we are. . .



Even Kristin and I took turns in the chair. . .

I think it's going to be a good meet. . .

In spite of the fact that we have to drive to Eugene and can't leave town until 1:30 p.m. . .

Not really looking forward to that part. . .



Having Ken and Judy there definitely gave a different feel to our practice. It was good. I wish they would come every week. . .





Everyone answered questions. . .



I think we just might be ready for this one. . .


After our quiz practice, we went to the gym for youth group. . .

I don't remember what it was called but we played some kind of soccer/relay game. . .

Zach and I had the same number on opposing sides so we had to play against each other. It was fun. . .


I think everyone had had a good time. . .












Anyway, on one hand, I'm looking forward to the Eugene quiz meet this weekend. On the other hand, I'm having a difficult time forgetting the last time we went in that direction to Metolious and it was dark and unfamiliar and rainy and I got a flat tire. This time will be better, I'm sure. Mostly because I'm planning to make sure the jack for my spare tire is in the truck before I leave. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys there!! Wishing you safe travels...

~Elsie Grace :)