Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween. . .

Halloween seemed to sneak up on us this year. It feels like summer just ended and, all of a sudden, it's the end of October. We had good intentions of setting up the maze again like we did in 2007 and 2008 (click on the year if you want to see what I'm talking about) but time (and energy) just got away from us.


I decided to compromise with Zach, who was terribly disappointed about not setting up the maze, and throw a party at the church on Saturday night. I was short on time and energy for this, too, but I'm trying to keep my regrets to a minimum so I threw together a little shindig. Thankfully I had lots of help.


We played several relay games with balloons. . .



This was the severed-head-on-a-plate-carried-by-a-waiter relay. . .















This was the classic balloon-between-your-knees race. . .







And the final relay was a balloon popping race. . .



The object of the race was to run to the other end of the gym, pop a balloon, find the slip of paper that was placed inside and act out whatever was written on it. . .


There were things like, "cackle like a witch", "play air guitar", "do 5 jumping jacks", "walk like a Zombie". . .


I think the hardest part was popping the balloons!





The rest of the evening was spent playing games, eating way too much and playing Guitar Hero. . .


Everyone seemed to have a good time, even Zach, who was pretty skeptical about having fun on Halloween without actually scaring anyone. I think it helped knowing that he had a pet snake coiled up in his room at home. . .



On Halloween night, we went to the Adam's for our annual trick-or-treat event. This year the girls didn't want us hanging out with them so they went through the neighborhood by themselves. It was chilly so I was good with that!



I just can't end a Halloween post without a little blast from the past:

Was it easier back then or is it just my imagination???

No comments: