Monday, November 15, 2010

Trail Ride . . .

With the start of public school this year, we just couldn't make the time to have Gloria take horse back riding lessons. Lucky for her, though, Grandma Jeanie has a very good friend who just happens to enjoy Gloria's company AND she has horses. Gloria has had several opportunities to ride with her but Saturday was the first chance I had to go along and meet Gloria's favorite new horse, Buddy:




They've been riding in a pasture most of the time but Gloria is very comfortable on the horse so Kathy, the friend and horse owner, decided Gloria was ready for a trail ride. . .


This girl has no fear of horses. At all.


It was pretty cold out but it didn't seem to phase the horses or the riders. . .


I watched and took pictures as they saddled up and prepared to ride. . .


I wasn't too worried. . .


Kathy is very trustworthy and keeps a good eye on Gloria and she assured me that they would be fine. . .


Yeah, I totally trust her:


It was fun watching them ride off toward the hills. . .



Off into the wild blue yonder. . .

I was told it would be a couple of hours so I went back to work and waited. . .
It took a little longer than 2 hours and I was there to meet them when they rode back in off of the trail . . .
I think Gloria had a little bit of fun . . .
It's so cool that she has this opportunity. . .
She knows her way around a horse pretty well. . .
She was handing me her apple to hold onto to but I'm pretty sure Buddy thought he should take care of it. . .


Kathy told me she is welcome to ride with her anytime. . .
She said some really nice things about Gloria that are music to a mother's ear. . .

I'm pretty sure we'll do this again. . .
Thanks Kathy!!

No comments: