Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Zach's House. . .

So. . . I've been trying to put together a post on what I've been up to lately because I can't seem to find the time to post the stuff as it happens, but it turns out I don't have time (or energy?) to put it all in one long post either! And then the more I put it off, the more stuff we do and the longer the post (in my head and in my picture file) becomes! I guess I just keep waiting for things to slow down and it just doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. But, in the meantime. . .


We've been working on Zach's "house" for several months now (of course, by WE, I mean Zach and Rob) and it is finally MOSTLY finished. It still needs trim around the windows and some kind of a half wall or shelf unit but Zach has been slowly moving out of the house and into his new room out back. Since I have a well- known aversion to the back yard, I haven't been out to visit in awhile. I stood at the back door tonight and watched the kids laughing and talking and it made the back yard look just a little bit inviting. . .


I made my way through the rain and the mud into this cozy little place that my family disappears to for awhile every evening. . .

Zach has been moving a few things in at a time and sorting through them carefully so he can keep his space nice and clean. . .


I had almost forgotten we even have a snake (of course by WE, I mean Zach only). . .


I only meant to stay for a minute . . .

But somehow, time got away from me . . .





















And then I remembered my reason for venturing out in the first place. . .

It's almost like he's a responsible adult. Weird.

No comments: