Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More Games. . .

Even though I had about a million other things to do on Monday night, Settlers of Catan was calling my name. It's not hard to convince Zach to drop whatever he's doing to join me, so we played a very close round of Settlers with Seafarers. He beat me in the end, but it was close!



Gloria knew I was in the mood to play games so she drug out the chess board. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was kind of a chess geek in high school, so I had fun dusting off my old moves. She had a lot of help from Rob so I didn't feel too badly when I beat her. . .

Zach thought he could beat me through sheer confusion just by using Lego chess pieces but I beat him at his own game. . .


And, of course, when Rob decided we should set up Catan again at midnight, I just couldn't resist. I should have resisted since I was beaten VERY badly. Fortunately, Zach beat Rob, too, so that made me feel a little better. . .
This day was a good reminder to me to stop and smell the proverbial roses. There will always be a million things to do but my kids aren't getting any younger and neither am I! :)

No comments: