Sunday, January 12, 2014

Spence

Sometimes you do things just because you can. We are in this business to make money, obviously, and more often than not, I'm a big fan of charging what we're worth. What we need to charge in order to make it worth the investment, worth the time, worth our knowledge and expertise. But tonight, watching my nephew's face light up as he dee-jayed his high school dance with the assistance of sound and lights provided by his favorite aunt, I was glad I had the ability to give him that experience. 




On a side note I had an important online conversation with someone who I've gotten to know through Facebook. Someone who I used to feel intimidated by in person but now see that it was my own insecurities that kept me from getting to know her. She isn't afraid to tell it like it is and to speak truth into my situation. She asked if she could support me in any way. What an incredible thing to say. She's reaching out to me because she intuitively senses that I'm floundering. She has reached out to me on other occasions and her words have been very healing. I've got some pretty great people in my life and I'm grateful for that. 

No comments: