Sunday, January 5, 2014

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back. . . AKA New Year's Intentions. . .

So. . . I'm still breathing in and out and putting one foot in front of the other.  Sometimes my steps are backwards but I think I make regular progress in a forward direction.  I miss my Blog.  I miss writing and finding joy in the photos I post.  I miss looking at the daily ins and outs of our life. 

It's all about Face Book now.  But sometimes Face Book sucks the joy out instead of bringing it to the surface.  I can't make New Year's Resolutions but I will make a few New Year's Intentions.

I intend to Face Book less and Blog more.  I intend to find things that bring me joy and then intentionally do those things.  That might include beefing up my photography skills, getting better at the guitar (maybe playing in public), spending more time with friends and family, enjoying my kids, putting a fresh coat of pain on the walls of my home, getting beyond my regrets and disappointments and looking forward to the second half of my life. 

Admittedly, I'm having what might be considered a mid-life crisis.  At least that's what I'm choosing to call it.  I lost myself, or maybe I never found myself, and now I'm trying to weave all of it together... the past, the present, the future... and find peace in the midst of it. 

And I think blogging will help that process along. 

Here's to good intentions. . .

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I love your heart Tanya. Beautifully written from a beautiful woman. Thank you for being vulnerable. Those are fantastic intentions. May they come to fruition in your life.

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Thanks Sam :)