Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gloria. . .

Gloria doesn't seem to be afraid of anything (except ghosts. . . ).  She is confident in a way that often amazes me.  I would like to take some credit for instilling this in her but I think she was just born that way.  She didn't get it from my genes, anyway.

From the time she was very small, she would boldly set out to do whatever her little heart desired.  Sometimes this meant dancing on the front platform at church in her birthday suit.  (She was 2!).  Making friends has always come very natural to her- everywhere we go, she meets someone new.  It's like she's a little friend magnet.  Her transition into public school this year was much easier because people are drawn to her like flies to butter. 

All of that to say, her confidence makes it much easier to send her off to places and it helps me not to worry (much) because I know she'll have a great time.  This week she is spending time in Newberg, Oregon at Youth Yearly Meeting.  She hitched a ride with some ladies from church and she'll get to spend time with people she loves including Steph, who also hitched a ride!!


Steph texted me this picture when they arrived and I'm hoping she'll send me more as the week progresses. . .

The only problem I have with sending Gloria off is how much I miss her when she's gone. . .

No comments: